Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A World of Mystery

June 20th, 1969.  I wasn't around then, but maybe you were.  It was a monumental day.  Neil Armstrong fittingly stated, "That's one small step for (a) man, one giant leap for mankind."  Men were walking on the moon.  There probably wasn't much that seemed impossible in those moments.   I can't help but think that if I had been alive at the time, I would've looked at the moon very differently that night...


"Mystery creates wonder 
and wonder is the basis 
of man's desire to understand." 

~ Neil Armstrong ~



There are many mysteries in this world.  There are many questions, and significantly fewer answers.  In the midst of uncertainty, we need only go to God... first, not in a final act of desperation.  He has every answer, knows every reason, and knows the purpose of everything under heaven.  He has plans already in progress for each and every one of us, and wants to help guide us through.  Even if your situation is difficult to understand, trust Him, love Him, and pray to Him with all your heart... now.  Someday maybe you'll be able to look back, and understand why you endured certain struggles.  Maybe someday there will be one less mystery in your world.


Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. -Proverbs 3:5 

And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind... -Luke 10:27

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. -Jeremiah 29:11-13


No comments:

Post a Comment

“Kind words can be short and easy to speak,
but their echoes are truly endless.”

~ Mother Teresa